How can I list my item for rental?, and How much does it cost to list an item?
Listing your tools & equipment on MyEquipment4Rent.com is free. All you need to do is the following:
- Sign Up using your Name & Email
- Post your Item. You can use your smart phone to capture the tool & equipment pictures
- Add description to your item to explain the condition and how it works to the potnetial renters
- Then you are ready to receive rental requests from other users
MyEquipment4Rent.com allows you to be in control. You decide who can rent your equipment and tools. You approve rental requests only when you want. Users are peer-reviewed and have public rating profiles.
If you approve a rental request, you agree with the renter to meet and exchange the rented item and the fund.
MyEquipment4Rent.com doesn't charge any fees for handling the rental request.
When and how do I get paid?
You should arrange to meet the renter to exchange the equipment and the fund. You should collect the agreed upon rental price, transportation fee (if applicable), professional fees (if applicable), and security deposit (if applicable) at the time you deliver the equipment or tool to the renter.
Is it safe? What if my tool or equipment is damaged?
You need to take certain steps to stay safe and ensure the safety of your tools and equipment, including:
- You shouldn't share your personal information on the site.
- You should collect security deposit for your tool or equipment to cover you in case they are stolen or damaged
- You should check the rating profile of the renter
- You should always rate the renter fairly after the rental transaction is completed
What if I need to use my Equipment or Tools?
You are always in control, you are free to deny rental requests prior to the start date, set dates that your equipment and tools are unavailable so it can't be booked, or cancel last minute if plans change.
How do I drop-off the gear?
Once you confirm a rental request, simply message the renter with a convenient local meeting location and time for pickup and drop-off. MyEquipment4Rent.com only handles booking and message relay between renters and owners.
Should I leave a review?
Every member is strongly encouraged to leave a review for the other member after every rental is complete in order to maintain MyEquipment4Rent as a trusted and transparent community.
Once a transaction has been completed and the equipment has been returned, you can leave a review to accurately portray how your experience was with that member as weill as the equipment. We encourage leaving a written explanation descirbing your experience.
The reviews will be publicaly available for other members to review before conducting a rental.